Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
10 Most Asked Questions at City Hall
- Where do I call for a tag? 662-746-1583
- When is my garbage going to be picked up?
- Friday: East of Jerry Clower Blvd to Fifteenth Street North to Clubview Apts.
- Tuesday: Fifteenth Street South to Third Street; East Side of Martin Luther King Blvd to West Side of Grady
- Wednesday: Third Street Northside Broadway Westside Martin Luther King to Wise Street to West Jerry Clower Blvd
- Thursday: Jonestown; Hwy 3; Magnolia; South of Broadway from Jerry Clower Blvd to West City Limits including Downtown
- What is the number to City Barn? 662-746-5121
- Police Dept? 662-746-1131
- Building Inspector? 662-746-4743 or 662-590-6108
- How do I attain a privilege license and how much it cost? Privilege license are obtained through City Hall and depends on the nature of the business.
- Who is my Alderman?
- Ward 1 Ronald Johnson
- Ward 2 Dr. Jack Varner
- Ward 3 Gregory Robertson
- Ward 4 Aubrey Brent Jr
- Who is the City Attorney? Lilli Evans-Bass
- How much is a cemetery plot?
- PURCHASE of CEMETERY LOTS
- For residents of Yazoo City: for each grave space $300.00 per space, $300.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total $613.00 per space.
- For residents of Yazoo County: for each grave space $375.00 per space, $375.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total of $763.00 per space.
- For persons residing outside of Yazoo County but within the State of Mississippi: for each grave space $500.00, $500.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 for recording the deed, for a total of $1,013.00.
- For persons residing outside of the State of Mississippi: for each grave space $500.00 per space, $500.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total of $1,013.00 per space.
- OPENING and CLOSING GRAVES
- Weekdays, 8:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. (funeral) processions are expected to arrive in the cemetery 8:00 A.M. or later and funeral services must be over by 3:00 P.M: $450.00 and after 3:00 P.M.: $500.00.
- Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and on hours other than regular workdays: $500.00.
- A service for an infant (being in a casket of 36 inches or less): $100.00.
- Pauper: $50.00. Regular workdays only.
- CREMATIONS: $100.00.
ADOPTED FEBRUARY 9, 2009
- FOR RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS
Lots one (1) through 655, inclusive of Block E, Glenwood Addition, Glenwood Cemetery, see Minute Book 15, Page 214.
- PURCHASE of CEMETERY LOTS
- How can I get on the agenda for the Board meeting? Come to City Hall and fill out an Agenda Request Form
- Who do I talk to about water in the streets and drainage? Street Superintendent
- Who is the City Clerk? Mario Edwards is the City Clerk
- Who should I contact regarding Animal Control? David Rogers- 662-590-2725 His hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-5pm and Tuesday and Thursday 9am-6pm Please click on link for the Animal Control ordinance. https://library.municode.com/ms/yazoo_city/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIICOOR_CH5ANFO